I hope to do one more post after this one before the year is up. Maybe like a recap of lessons learned or hopes for 2020. We’ll see.
But, I did want to check in and report on how AMAZING I’ve been feeling lately!
So much peace has come over me. It really feels miraculous.
Here are a few things I’ve been doing differently that may attribute to my change in disposition:
1. I’ve been more consistent in doing my devotionals and applying the daily scriptures to my current situation. Trusting God to do what He says He’s going to do.
2. I’ve been putting a lot of feelers out there, job/networking-wise and have had conversations that have opened me up to possibilities.
3. I have done a couple of speaking engagements that have boosted my confidence (even though I was a nervous wreck leading up to both of them!)
4. I have made decisions in alignment with my needs and have put myself first.
5. I have joined a weekly prayer call that has increased my faith tremendously.
6. I have started to serve in my church more regularly instead of just attending service.
7. I have been more intentional about building my business.
There’s a strength that I feel that I haven’t experienced in a while. It’s a “grounding,” an “anchoring.”
This doesn’t mean that I won’t still have bad days or bad moments, but it does mean that I recover from them a lot more quickly, or at the very least, I respond to them a lot more positively.
It’s almost as if, once my 1-year mark hit, I got into full gear. I decided that things HAD to change. And change, they did!
I’m so very proud of myself!
I believe my writing voice is going to change because of this.
It’s going to sound more confident and content.
I’m excited to see what the future holds.
If you are new to this blog, please take a look through older posts and see how I’ve progressed. The whole point of documenting this journey was to be able to ride it out in real-time, so to speak.
On multiple occasions, people have given me advice to go back through my journal entries and to witness how much I’ve grown since writing them.
I’m still toying with the idea of turning this blog into an e-book. Maybe as a gift to myself more so than for anyone else. Just to say I did it. We’ll see.
Thank you for coming alongside me during this journey. If you have any feedback, please comment! If anything in any of my posts has resonated with you or inspired you, I’d love to hear! It helps me know I’m not writing to thin air. 😊
Here’s a verse I want to leave you with:
And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you. (1 Peter 5:10)
Until Next Time,